Monday, March 15, 2010

My thai peanut sauce

I *really* love thai peanut noodles! I especially love making it at home because I can put way more sauce on than they'd ever give you in a restaurant ;)

We usually put this over gluten free noodles with lightly steamed broccoli, kim chi, raw red peppers, and chicken. We also use it as a dip for spring rolls. And when there's leftovers the kids dip veggies in it.

I'd say its about medium spiciness. But we like spicy so, adjust if you don't like it hot. Also if your not fond of coconut milk you could leave that out and thin with water of chicken broth. I don't think the taste of it is overwhelming though.

In a food processor:
First chop 3 cloves garlic
Then add the rest and process well
3/4 c natural peanut butter
Juice of one lime
1/4 c full fat coconut milk
2 1/2 T tamari (if you can do wheat use nama shoyu because you won't be heating the sauce)
1 T hot sesame oil
1 T hot sauce (franks is our fave)
1 T raw apple cider vinegar
1 T raw honey
A big handful of cilantro, probably 1/4 of a bunch that you'd get at the store

Chop 4 green onions to sprinkle on top


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: